Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Our heart beats

So, last week we had a doctors appointment and we weren't really sure what to expect. It was only our second visit and on the first one we got the ultrasound done - but we didn't know if we were to expect another or what? Jeremy and I are VERY new at this whole baby thing. Excited, but new.
So in we went, the nurse has me do a few things (pee in a cup, blood pressure, weight, etc)and then we met with the midwife. She told us we would be hearing the babys heart!
It was amazing, so amazing. I for some reason always worry that the baby will be gone the next time we go to the dr. But no, he is still in there. It was so cool to hear his heart, and the midwife found it so quickly! It was a complete relief.
I wish I could hear his heart again...because from what I remember he sounded like a cool kid, with a cool heart. I think he was trying to tell me he loved me too.
It is such a weird sensation - having your child grow inside of you. I feel like I miss him all the time, and already (even though I am only a 3rd of the way done) I can not wait to have my baby in my arms. The weird part is, that I have him with me all the time. How can I miss him so? I'm telling you, weird.

So, I have been getting a bit bigger lately! There are even times that I can push down on my belly (well, very down low on my belly - the baby is just now moving up, but he is still pretty low down there) and feel the hard areas where I believe he resides. It's really cool, hard to explain - so I suppose it is cool only for me.

We still have to take pictures this week, it is our finals week - so a bit hectic but tomorrow is our last day of school and perhaps we will take pictures.

No comments:

Post a Comment