Friday, February 5, 2010

Introducing Parker

So yesterday was probably the best day ever!! I was so nervous and excited and anxious and then when we got to see our precious baby boy - I was so unbelieveably happy that I can't even describe the feeling.


All day I was anxiously awaiting 2 o'clock (I already can't believe it's over), even the night before. I hardly got any sleep thinking about our baby. But I woke up early Friday morning and went to class, came home, showered and got ready and by 130 - I couldn't take it anymore. So we began our short 3 minute journey to the Dr's office. But thank goodness, they didn't make us wait too long. The longest we had to wait was when we were already in the room where we'd be getting the ultrasound. The Dr got held up just a little - and you should have seen Jeremy. He was so fidgety, it was a little entertaining. Right before the Dr came in, Jeremy turned to me and said, "I think that if it's a girl...I'm going to be a little disappointed." And although I felt the same, I had to tell him that no matter what we were going to be happy in love with her.


Soon after, the Dr came in and sat me up on the big chair - put that cold goop on my belly and began the search.


This is the first picture she showed us, and said, "Ok, I'm going to let you two guess what it is. Can you tell?"


Jeremy smiled and said, "Is it is turtle?"


She just laughed and said, "Yup."


Jeremy and I looked at each other and I don't think we've ever smiled as much. It was amazing, I can't explain the feeling.


I just can't imagine him being anything else but a boy - and it just feels right.



Later, the Dr was still searching and she goes, "Well, he's not ashamed of letting us know he's a boy."

And Jeremy, being the man that he is said, "Takes after his dad."

It wasn't as embarrassing as it sounds because the Dr said she hears it from a lot of the dads who get a boy. Loud and proud, I guess.
Although, I am also pretty proud of our little turtle.


Here's a picture of his little face. We put a ton of these pictures up on our fridge, and I look at him all the time. He is so cute...Yup, I'm one of those moms. Who says their baby is cute, the cutest baby they've ever seen. And I honestly believe that this is the cutest sonogram I have ever seen...I fall more and more in love with him every day and every day I ask myself how.



Although it looks like he's wearing one of those skeleton costumes that people wear on halloween, I still think that this picture rocks. He's so big and developed, it's amazing to me. I love him.




It might take you a while to see what this is exactly, but it's a profile picture again - and you can see his arm and hands. And an ear...hard to describe, but when you find it it's pretty cool.




Foot, my baby's cute little foot.



I love love love love this leg picture. He seems like a little man, not a baby. I honestly can't believe that my body could make something this amazing. I love him so much, and he's so perfect and wonderful to me already. And even though I have him with me all of the time, I can NOT wait to hold him and hug him and kiss him.
He is literally the best part of me.






No comments:

Post a Comment