Friday, April 30, 2010

Encounters of a peculiar circumstance

My dearest first born,
This past week has been crazy, has it not? It started last Thursday when we traveled for about 15 hours straight. Thank you, for being such a good baby though. We both, kept my tinkles under control, my feet did not swell up, and my back hurt - but that was to be expected. And then, you finally got to meet my mom - your grandma! She was the one making all the kissy noises this week, you remember her don't you?
She would squeeze in on your space, speak a language that you haven't heard very often (unless you can hear my thoughts) and kiss my belly, only trying to get to you. She's already in love with you. Well, she has been from the moment she knew you existed - but now, I'm sure it's even more. I know she misses you like crazy already, but lets pray that she will make it for your arrival. You will instantly remember her when you actually get to meet her, lots of kisses, and she'll also be the one who actually knows what she's doing when she changes your diaper and gives you a bath. (Your dad and I will be the ones that take an awkwardly long time and maybe make you cry...we won't ever do it on purpose though! So I'm sorry in advance)
OH, I just remembered - grandma insists on you calling her some cutsie name like mimi or nana or poopy or something like that...(Just kidding on the poopy ma!) Just so you know. I don't know what's wrong with Guelita...but she's pretty adamant on a nickname, and once you meet her - you'll know she means business. There's no way of getting out of the nickname, so let's help her come up with something cute, ya?
You also got to meet my dad, your grandpa. He's quiet, well compared to grandma he is. But you might even remember him saying something along the lines of, "Hola, soy tu Tio!" I think, that for his sake, we should always call him Guelito. He needs the reminder that he's a grandpa :) He is also the one that got the hibity jibity's whenever he felt you move in my belly. He's a strange man sometimes - but we love him nonetheless. Have I told you how much he loves you? A lot! His way of showing it is doing a ton of things for me now, and I have to take advantage of it while I can! Because once you get here, forget Mommy, it's going to be all about you! Another way to recognize which one your grandpa is: He'll be the awkward one, if he gets to hold you when you're brand new, he doesn't so much like the flimsy baby (and I think that's where I get it). But he'll be dying to hold you anyway - all the time!
You also met your real Tio's! Not to be confused with the fake (old man) Tio (aka guelito). First you met Alex. He's a lot like my dad...awkward, and didn't even want to touch my belly - or hug me (in fear of squishing you). But he later warmed up to you, and felt my belly all the time. Alex is also the one that kept saying, "Hey, thanks....(long pause)....For just being you." And the one's who kept saying "Hey baby!" in the creepy Elmo voice (which they've probably scarred you for life now with) was a combination of Alan and Alex. They are very silly - but they love you VERY much! Alan also wouldn't hug me too tight, but he felt my belly for you all the time. You met Tommy the next day, I don't know what it is about the boys in this family - but he made a googly face when he felt you move too. Just like grandpa, and just like Tio Alex. You will recognize them very easily, and here is how: They will be the ones that are always laughing and talking (loudly) they will also be the ones that probably make you do silly things like dance or pretend to say funny things by moving your mouth like your talking. And they will also always want to hold you. Did you know that these crazy boys are my brothers? You'll have brothers and sisters one day, and you'll see how fun siblings are. I already can't wait for you to meet them all, they are wonderful!
You also met some of your Tia's. You met Blankita first! I'm going to tell you who she is, and you are instantly going to remember her. She was the one who kept singing to you, so much that you even kicked her a couple of times. She kept making me laugh too, so the combination of my jiggly laughter and her beautiful voice - made you turn into Jackie Chan...we understand. Blankita is awesome! And she loves you lots and lots. You also met Kara, Tommy's wife, she's quite - but very sweet! We all love her.
You met so many people this week...so many wonderful people who mean a lot to me, and who YOU mean a lot to! I can't wait for you to officially meet everyone. I was sad to leave everyone...because all my life, when I imagined being pregnant I imagined being close to my mom and my entire family. But we're so faraway!
Good thing is that we're with Dad now (your dad, not mine) He missed us a lot while we were gone. We're both very excited for you to be done being in my belly (well, me more than him). We are also all (not just dad and me) very anxious to see what you will look like! Since your dad and I are like day and night. Will you look like him? Or will you look like me? Or will you be a little asian like grandpa? Or will you be a combination? We're going to love you either way - we are just very curious to know what you will look like!
7 weeks until your due date (that is, due for your arrival). Only 7...Doesn't seem that short. But I'll take it one day at a time and start getting things ready for you!

I am completely and utterly in love with you. I don't think that anyone in the world is going to love you as much as I love you, actually, I know that for a fact.
Remember that. I love you more than life itself. And I only want good things for you. So when you're a teenager and you get mad at me...which I hope never happens...remember that I love you - and I'm doing things to help you.
I will always love you, for eternity and longer, and I will always be there for you to help in anyway I can. Remember that I am not only your mother, but I'm your friend, and your nurturer, your confidant, your protector, anything you need me to be.
Hope to see you in 7 weeks.

Love love love love love LOVE,
Me

2 comments:

  1. I love reading yours, too! I know I became one of your "followers" very randomly, but I really like hearing about everyone's lives.

    I am so jealous that you (and it seems like the rest of the world) got to go to Texas this week. I hope you had fun.

    And might I just add that I love that you're pregnant. I think it's so cool. Terrifying, but cool.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I cried almost from the beginning to the end of this post. It's very sentimental! You're already a great mommy! Love ya!

    ReplyDelete