Monday, April 5, 2010

We're back

It has been a long and crazy 2 weeks. So much has happened - or so it feels.

We moved.

It has been great and we love our new apartment, but the move was insane. It's like everything I carried was 20 pounds heavier than it really was. I suppose that's why they don't let pregnant ladies carry thangs. Because I honestly didn't carry half, no - not even a quarter of the things that I usually would have helped with and by the end of the day I couldn't stand because my back was done. Everything hurt. I can't believe how different my body is now that I'm pregnant. Does it go back to normal after I'm done?
For example, Will I be able to hula hoop in two months?
I told Jeremy today that I desperately need to find a hula hoop and give it a whirl. I'm not sure if I even can - but let me tell you, I was the bomb at the ancient art of hula hooping. I could keep that hoop up as long as I could hold my tinkles in. And that's a pretty long time.
Just something I wonder about...I'll keep you posted on whether or not I get my chubby hands on a hula hoop.

Finals week has arrived!

This is officially the last week of school. 4 days left. I am surprisingly surviving - not feeling too suicidal just yet. I have been trying to keep up with my school work and making endless lists of things I have left to do. I cannot emphasize on how much lists save my life. I make lists for everything. I make lists, of the lists I have. Seriously. I hope that this week ends as smoothly as it has started, otherwise I probably should not have been blogging right now. But I am optimistic that the stressful portion of this semester is over, and that baby and I will end school feeling good about the summer...(if it ever comes).

Pictures.

Welp, this is me. Life has been interesting with the bigger and bigger I get. I'm getting to the point where I can't wait to have my body to myself. I don't want to share my insides anymore. I know this is a premature desire, I still have 10 weeks left. But I can't help but dream about what it will be like to hold my baby in my arms instead of my stretched out skin. I can't wait to start working out again. I can't wait to bend over. I can't wait to hug Jeremy close. I can't wait to have clothes fit me better. I can't wait to not waddle. I can't wait to be an official mom, instead of just a pregnant lady.






(30 weeks)

And after seeing this picture, I can't wait to get rid of my gross GROSS outie.

3 comments:

  1. Shelia, you are looking great!! Where did you guys move to? I'm so excited for you that you were able to switch to a new place before the baby comes. Good luck with finals and we need to catch up soon! Miss you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so stinking adorable... and so almost there! I am coming into town this weekend? What are you doing on Friday? I have to see you, plus you have to meet Harper!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww I love it!!! Wow, reading your post brought me back. Pregnancy is such an experience. You look great...and I did hula hoop a few months ago haha so it does come back!

    ReplyDelete