Well, it has been quite some time - and so much has happened. I hope I will be able to remember most everything eventful. First item of business: Halloween. It has come and gone but it was Aidens first Halloween and so it is an event worthy of mention.
Jeremy loves to carve pumpkins...it isn't my favorite activity (for my lack of patience) but it's fun to do it together.
Aiden was such a good boy while we carved too - we found a new toy that he LOVES to play with. Where, you ask, did we get such an amazing toy? At your everyday grocery store.
It is called an Always ultra thin, overnight pad.
Here is the story of how we discovered this amazing, unconventional toy: It was a regular week day - only Aiden and I are home and I have to use the bathroom...(number two). But Aiden was being so crabby, that I was sure I wouldn't just be able to lay him down without hearing a bloody murder yell the entire time. So I grabbed his bumbo and set it on the counter of our bathroom while I sat down on the ... you know where. Well - Aiden was so interested in what I was doing, that he wouldn't stop staring at me! And, a little interesting fact about me, I CAN NOT use the bathroom (#2) if someone is in the bathroom with me. So Aiden was making it even a million times more difficult. I searched around the bathroom to see if there was anything he could play with - and all I could find was either a tampon or a pad...and there you go. But a pad is a perfect toy, because they are soft, flexible, absorbent, and he can't choke on it. So, Moms, if you are in need a great new toy - just look in your bathroom :)
Anywho, back to Halloween - this is an over-enthusiastic Jeremy and his amazing pumpkin.
Myself, and my AHMO pirates pumpkin.
Here is our pumpkins at their best and in action. These are by far the best pumpkin I have ever carved! I was pretty proud of myself and Jeremy.
Costumes: So, try and guess what we are.
Aiden is a red chili pepper...and Jeremy and I are rockers...try and figure it out.
One of the sisters in our ward let me borrow the little chili pepper outfit, and so we tried to figure out a clever costume with all of us together. It's kind of dumb, but the only thing (legit thing) that I could think of. And it was fun to dress up!
Here is our little chili pepper - it still surprises me that we got a picture of him smiling, because he was so miserable the entire time we put that costume on him.
So, Halloween is now over - time for baby Aiden updates. He is getting so big and learning so much! Has already learned to roll over - and scoots around everywhere! Here is some proof. This is the way we lay Aiden down in his crib.
And if we leave him in there and he is still awake - he wiggles and moves all the way around the crib...like so:
In the last week or so - Aiden has also learned to sit pretty well. I can't officially say that he has accomplished this act though. He can sit for several minutes at a time - but still falls over. It is honestly amazing how fast they learn! Because a little over a week ago, I remember thinking that I didn't think he would be able to sit before he turned 6 months (which is on Dec. 11...can you believe that!?)
Another one of Aidens favorite toys, one of my old broken watches.
Another big boy step: Eating solids! We started him on rice cereal a little after he turned 4 months. And we just recently started him on veggies. It is the funniest thing to see the way he acts to every different taste. We love it! And so does he.
Enough of Aiden updates - now for some fun things that I've been up to! I've been so lucky to be able to spend more time with one of my best friends Jessi, and even more lucky to be able to do fun stuff with her. She came up with the idea to do weekly crafts! And I wholeheartedly concurred. We have only done a few things and this is one of them: Magnets! It is probably the easiest thing to do, but we are starting small and going from there.
Also, here is another hair thing that I made a little big ago. Super easy (as you can tell, easy is my style) and I think it's pretty cute.
Jessi and I have also been up to making crochet crafts, other little flowers - and are looking for more cute fun crafts, if you have any suggestions!
Hope to blog again sooner rather than later, until then.
Adios.
HA! I Love your bathroom story! I have the exact problem, I freeze when he is screaming outside the door, going to the bathroom is so stressful now! Haha I will have to try that for a new toy :) And! I Love your headband and crafts! We need to get together now that our babies aren't as sick :)
ReplyDeleteUmm...that's hilarious. About the pad, I mean. Also, Aiden is really cute with all that hair he is getting. Double also, thanks for your comments lately on my blog :)
ReplyDeleteI hope that you tried tapping your knees!! And thanks for the suggestion, I now know what Harper is getting for Christmas! And I am so excited for you to come home for Christmas. We will totally have to do a double date, or let the boys watch the babies and have mommy time out at lunch all by ourselves! Tell Jess that I miss her. Hope you are having fun up there in snowy Rexburg! Love ya doll!
ReplyDeleteI LOOOOVE THIS POST!
ReplyDeleteWow it is amazing how fast other people's kids grow! He is still cute of course, but tell him to slow down so that I get to meet him before he turns 16. Jana's blog has a lot of links to fun crafts if you are still looking. That is where I go to find things to keep the chillins busy :)
ReplyDeleteRED HOT CHILI PEPPERS!! WOOT WOOT!
ReplyDelete