Monday, June 11, 2012

the big number two

Today was Aiden's birthday and I had to sit down and document it today, before my pregnant brain forgets everything that's happened. All day today we'd ask Aiden how old he was and he'd say, "Two." and then try and put two chubby little fingers up. We were super busy all day - running errands, but well worth it since we bought him his birthday present. Jeremy though the pool would be too small but Aiden's in love with it! The water was a little cold - but honestly nothing could stop us from keeping Aiden out of the water. This kid is a fish. We let him be naked outside, and he LOVED it. 
He peed in the pool too. Which he also loved. 
He ate ice cream and cookies. 
Got new clothes.
It was just a great yet simple day for my Mr. Two.

He actually said cheese for me in this picture, while he poured water into the pool. Occasionally splashing mommy and daddy with it. 

Aiden and Nani
Daddy and his little boy

Notice how large my little girl is getting.




I can't believe that two years ago today I got to officially meet his little man. It was the best day of my life up to that point. Aiden is one of the best things that has ever happened to me - and I love him more than words can describe. I was in denial about Aiden turning two - somehow thinking that it really wouldn't happen. But today has come and is almost gone. I can't help but reminisce about that special day two years ago - I was more exhausted than I have ever been, but I could still lay awake to simply stare at my newborn bundle. These last two years have just blown by, I couldn't be more proud of the toddler Aiden is becoming. He is so smart, sweet, funny, creative, daring, curious and so many more qualities I can't even name them all. I'm sad that I won't ever get that time with my baby Aiden again, but I love watching him learn and grow. 

Anyway, enough of my sappy mommy love - we also had a joint birthday party for Aiden and Jeremy on Saturday that I have pictures of which will be coming soon. 
But for now - Happy Birthday my favorite little monkey. 

No comments:

Post a Comment