Friday, July 16, 2010

Something Beautiful

The other day, I was changing Aidens diaper in the middle of the night when I realized something.

Something Beautiful.

I was watching my sweet little baby squirm around on his changing table, when I thought, "You're mine."

Aiden is all mine (and Jeremys, of course:)). He is ours forever. I get to see his sweet little face everyday - I get to see him grow up - I get to be his momma - I get to be the one to make things better - I get to be the one to comfort him - I get to be the one to know him best - I get to be the one that loves him the most out of anyone else on this earth.

It was such an overwhelmingly amazing feeling - to know that even after this life here on earth, I get to be with Aiden for the eternities.

I began to realize how grateful I am for the gospel in our lives. I've always been grateful for it, don't get me wrong, but having Aiden makes it so real.

When I married Jeremy, I didn't think I would ever be as grateful for the temple as I was at that moment.

But I was wrong.

Aiden, and the rest of my children up in heaven, make me know that this gospel is true.

I wish I could fully explain how I feel about Aiden - and how I couldn't possibly see my life without him now. I never understood the love that mothers have for their children...still don't. I just know that my life revolves around Aiden, and that everyday I love him more and more.

Now,

Here are some pictures of my funny little baby.




I love this picture - This is how relaxed he is when we gets done eating.











He wiggles around into the funniest poses while he sleeps.

Such an intellectual.




He even prays in his sleeps.



I know this is such a horrible picture, but he's sucking his thumb! I just hurried and tried to take the picture, and didn't realize the flash was on.



I love when he sleeps on me like this.





5 comments:

  1. El amor de una madre se parece en cierta manera a el amor de Jesucristo... incondicional, sin egoismo, inmenso. Ahora puedes saber cuanto te quiero yo a ti, y no creas que porque tengo mas hijos el amor se divide, no es asi, sino que tu corazon se hace mas grande para dar cabida a el amor que sientes por cada uno. Y ahora que me has dejado tener a Aiden en mi vida, te quiero mas por darme esa oportunidad y el lo quiero muchisimo....

    ReplyDelete
  2. cute, cute, cutest little boy ever! Hope you are doing well and having fun! Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  3. SO STINKIN' CUTE!!! These pictures make me want to have another baby. Now if only I had a husband! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. SOO CUTE!! We need to come visit soon! I love reading other people's words about the joy of motherhood; it gives me goosebumps everytime. You think you couldn't possibly love him more and then he looks at you or smiles or hugs you or gives you a kiss, uh, love! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It was SO GOOD to see you and Jeremy & Aiden. I hope you don't mind if I crashed your party w/ Liz & Liberty. Aiden is TOO ADORABLE and you are such a cute Mom! I am so happy for you and was glad I got to see you! Love ya!

    ReplyDelete