Student Teaching
Groves Elementary School
Wylie, Texas
Ms. Jackson's 4th grade class
Student teaching has come and gone, I am done done done with school. And unless I want to go back, I am done with homework, done with classes - I'm done done done. It is such a great feeling to say that I am DONE. Have I mentioned that already? I'm just really happy that I was able to survive school, and accomplish it.
Anypoo, I had a great experience with my class and my teacher. I learned so much and I was able to make great friends. I missed Aiden trunk loads - but he was fine staying home with Jeremy. I don't even know how to sum up the whole experience - I just know I'll always remember those kiddos and Kasie Jackson.
The last day I was there I had the best surprise though. During lunch, I sat in the cafeteria with the children while my sneaky mom (the school secretary), Kasie, and Mrs. Brown (a students mom) organized a party for me. When we walked back to class - the had a little going away get-together set up.
-They had a ton of school supplies for me, to start my own classroom with.
-A specialized Mrs. West (with a teacher apple) box for my own supplies (random fabric) - which I love.
They had me crying, I had them crying - we were all just crying. I miss them so much, and it was the best teaching experience I've had since I seriously decided to become a teacher about 8 years ago. It feels great to have accomplished something that I've been reaching for, for so long. It feels even better to know that what I'm doing is something that will change lives and have huge ripple effects.
No comments:
Post a Comment