Oh, you know. We were just in Maine and New Hampshire last weekend. It was beautiful and so cold, that I think I cried a few times. But, it also might have been because we didn't take Aiden and my heart just couldn't take being away from him. We were only there for 5 days, 4 nights - but it felt like weeks. I decided I never want to be away from Aiden longer than a few hours. It was torture. BUT, it was a great experience and it was nice alone time for the Mr. and the Mrs. (west, that is). The above picture is one I took - doesn't it look like something you might make a puzzle out of? Nope, we were there. Freezing our limbs off.
Proof.
We were desperate to see the beaches there and they were so pretty. We loved Maine a lot better than New Hampshire - Portland, Maine to be exact. The downtown area was super cool too, Jeremy said it reminded him so much of the UK. But, two things that I hated about it:
-Too many trees (I felt claustrophobic, you can't see anything past the trees)
-Too little LDS members (the ward we went to for church on Sunday was...old. I mean, small.)
Anyway, we were there on business and we shall see if we return. TBA. All I have to say is that it was a nice getaway - but a nicer return to 60 degree Texas.
I'm from New Hampshire! That's cool you guys took a fun little trip!
ReplyDelete