Thursday, May 31, 2012

Memorial Day

My beautiful family, all together celebrating Memorial day

Most of the boys, missing a few here and there

The girls...and Jacob.
Baby Sofia and Me plus a 25 week pregnant belly
My sweet little monkey. Loving the lake.
Memorial day was so much fun. We went up north a bit to Ray Roberts lake and my whole family got together, it has been a long time since we all got together and it was great to hang out with everyone. I stole these pictures from my cousin Leslie, thank goodness she took some. There are other pictures here and there that I'll try to find and steal also. 
Although the lake was SO crowded and that it was hotter than satan's layer, I really enjoyed a day away from everything to just have fun. And I'm really glad we did it since I've gotten to see Jeremy a total of 3 hours this week. He's been working so late and I've had church and Aiden and he's had things to do when he gets home too - so it was nice to have Monday to be with each other. 
Aiden absolutely loved the lake. He had no fear and wanted to stay in the deep. So we took him out a few times, but kept telling us, "Self." Which meant he wanted to swim by himself and not be held. It was a little frustrating, because he didn't understand how deep the water was and he kept seeing his cousin Giovanny swim around with his life jacket on and figured he could swim around too. Needless to say, we bought Aiden a life jacket last night for the next time. 
I can't express how much being near my family has been a blessing. I love hanging out with everyone and being in the loop of what is going on. I love sharing the pregnancy with the people I care most about. For example, they've all been able to feel baby girl move and kick - she is so stinkin active. They have also been able to see me grow and experience this all first hand, it has been nice. It was really hard for me when I was pregnant with Aiden to be so faraway from everyone. This experience has just been really great. We hope that as our plans start sorting themselves out - we'll be able to stay close enough to these great people I'm lucky to call family. 






No comments:

Post a Comment