Monday, June 4, 2012

Jerm

Jerm is gone this week. He had to be in Houston for work and will be gone until Thursday.
I'm supposed to be doing something productive, but instead am thinking about my sweet husband.

We have been recently talking about marriage a lot (because a few people we know are in the process of getting hitched) and have talked about what marriage is really like.

When we lived in Rexburg, before we got married all we'd hear about is how awesome it was and how perfect it was and how there wasn't anything better than being married. Then you see how people talk about their spouses like there isn't one imperfection about them. I was in for a rude awakening when I got married. I had no idea how hard it could be. Marriage is hard work. We went through some tough times and we argued and had disagreements and it was hard. We've been married for a little over 3 years now and I can honestly say that there isn't anything better than being married - but it hasn't been all easy peasy lemon squeezy. We've had to earn this time of bliss, we've had to get to know each other and learn to love each other in a selfless way. We're still working at it everyday, but everyday we work - it gets better.
I'm the luckiest woman alive. I get to spend everyday (except for this week) with my best friend, talking to him, kissing him, holding his hand. I get to share my life with someone who adores me as much as I adore him. I get to live my life with meaning - wanting to reach an eternity with my loving companion. I get to experience what true love is. A love that has no definition and no end.
Jeremy isn't perfect, neither am I. Our marriage isn't perfect. We still don't agree on everything, and we still argue sometimes. But we know how to work it out in minutes, and how to love each other regardless of all our mistakes. We've discovered the true meaning of an eternal relationship - and we have a better perspective on life.
Everything we've been through and all the challenges in our marriage have made us the people we are now, the couple that loves each other more than anything. I'm so grateful for Jeremy and the family he has given me. For being able to have him with me forever. I simply can't describe how much I love him, or what type of love it is. I just do.
Marriage, at least for us, hasn't always been the most perfect thing. But it is the best thing that has ever happened to us. I thought I knew what love was, but am happily finding out that I didn't.

I don't usually like sharing such personal thoughts, but seeing as I'm the only one who reads my blog anyway, I thought I'd write. I just didn't want to let the opportunity pass to write down how I feel about my Jeremy. Because that's what he is, mine. I'm overwhelmed with love and gratitude for having such a great husband. It hasn't even been 24 hours, and I already miss him so much. I guess it just makes me realize how much I can't live without him.
He has given me my most prized possessions on this earth and I am eternally grateful.
Can't wait hug my sexy man again. Soon enough. I guess for now, having a few pieces of him through Aiden and our daughter will do.
Look how cute he is. 

1 comment:

  1. You are not the only one that reads your blog!! That's what I thought about mine...until you commented on wanting me to post more. Haha. You are so cute, and I wish you lived closer because I miss your face dearly. Hope all is well, and you look adorable!

    ReplyDelete